As fair value accounting standards undergo constant evolution, auditors and regulators have been closely scrutinizing how value is determined and reported more than ever before. With varying financial reporting obligations to comply with through the transaction lifecycle, clients require customized solutions that deliver comprehensive and dependable assessments.
The fair value standards and applications are constantly evolving. Valuations are increasingly being scrutinized by ownership, boards, auditors, and regulatory bodies. Independent fair valuations are often required in order to navigate through this increased scrutiny and ultimately to obtain audited financial statements. The KNAV team is well-versed in the accounting requirements underlying the need for financial valuations. We also understand the intricacies and implications associated with the various accounting pronouncements underlying the need for detailed and documented value conclusions.
The following is a brief listing of the types of services we can provide:
- Purchase price allocation (ASC 805)
- Equity-based incentive compensation (ASC 718)
- Financial assets and liabilities (ASC 480/820)
- Impairment testing – Goodwill & Intangibles (ASC 350/360)
- Portfolio company valuation (ASC 820)
- Guarantees and indemnifications (ASC 460)